Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Wow! It's been a while, life has been craaaazeeeee! SO busy! Sleep? What?

Since last I wrote, I have:

-Spent a week studying for and taking my Real Estate License exam. Am just waiting for it to arrive in the mail (note to self: call and ask where the hell is the license, since I paid extra for same day processing....one week later....)
-Have signed on with big fish in our little pond local Realtor. Nice bunch of folks.
-Have written a "bio" for myself (which btw does not mention the truth: "let me sell your home, I have ZERO exerience, what more could you ask for?")
-Had one of those realtor photos taken...thank the stars for the hubs photo shop skills which fixed the renegade FAN of hair sticking up from the side of my head (note to self: smack the photographer if I see her again, why wouldn't you mention that? It was in all the pictures. She just kept saying "say hairy pickle!" Was that some sort of code for your hair is sticking up or is she just some sort of perv?). It was raining that day and my hair never does anything sensible, like lay nicely when it's raining. But, on a positive note, as long as he was in there, he also made my teeth a couple shades whiter than they are, no bleach needed, Cewwalllll!

So, am just waiting for my phone extension so I can order business cards....I don't know who or when realtors started putting their pictures on their cards, it seems weird to me. And I have to get some clothes. That is the part that bums me out the most, I can't just run about town in my normal clothing of choice, no longer throw a bandana over crazy hair, ratty jeans and a Deftones hoodie. Must look semi-respectable or at least like someone that you'd trust your house with. Sigh....maybe I could still do the Deftones hoodie if my jeans aren't ratty.... :)

So, that's what I've been doing and basically trying to get my business started, it's a lot more work than it sounds like. I think my FIL might give me the listing for his house....not sure actually, which is sort of tripping me out and making me feel very insecure. He's afraid it's been on the market too long and is thinking maybe he should take it off until Spring...meanwhile other realtor's sign still sits in the lawn. I did take photos of their house and did a little curb appeal makeover on it, it looks awesome! However, not sure they'll do any of it, but they shoooould. I'm not going to push it, if it happens it happens, but I'll be really sad if it doesn't.

And I have some folks who have told me they are looking for certain properties, but they are mostly casual I think and since I do not yet have my license, I can't get onto the MLS, so that is sort of making me crazy. Finally got the downstairs mostly cleaned up last night (was cleaning until 1am!), so that is helping me feel a bit calmer. Must tackle upstairs next and will feel a bit calmer when that is in better working order, as oppossed to total chaos. And then I can work on my flyers and my mailing list for my announcements and paying my dues to the realtors association and driving around checking out the properties for my buyers to see if they are what they are looking for and going to my training classes at the office. Still working at night since we really can't afford for me to just quit there and all this stuff above takes money (egads, the gas alone is ridiculous!), and I have got to find some reliable childcare, current situation, not so reliable (tip to sitters, if you say you will watch the kids if you don't get called for this job you applied for, DO NOT call and complain to me that they have not called you--in long detail-- but you can't watch the kids because you are going to the fair, you will find no sympathy here as I scramble about to find someone else). And, an absolute must is to play with the babies and work on potty training (still). I don't want to become a bad mommy just because I have all this other stuff going on. I just have to breath and accept that it's going to take a while to get things rolling. My first impulse is to throw myself into it full throttle, letting all else fall to the wayside, but I just can't do that, I'm a MOMMY now. I need a schedule and I need to stick to it and it will eventually start rolling along. I did buy a day planner, so that will help.

Special loves out to mommyrox (Missus Silly, as Coop calls her) who is having a very rough month with a sudden and senseless death in the family (not to mention 6 others in her circle!). You are loved and the care you give to your friends and family is nothing short of amazing and inspiring.

okay my lovelies, must run.
peace out and love

2 Comments:

Blogger mommyrox said...

OMG! Love the bio. You look awesome! If I was looking to sell or buy I would so call you. I will refer you to anyone I know. On the picture thing..... Yours is great. I glanced at a few others and they were awful! You look like you want to sell my home!

6:43 AM  
Blogger TheNeedleIsVeryFine said...

Hey lovely!! Well done on the push to 136789033---.
-hbhaq323tymjzzzzscbjiiio-gfd`~`````````````jj
(added comments by C!) get the business up and running! Very inspirational. How do you get to see the picture for your card? Hope the transition goes smoothly and that you find help with the kids that you really trust! Keep up the fab work honey!
xxx

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home