Thursday, August 03, 2006

Braggggging on the tots or just in total awe of them???

So I don’t mean to brag, but seriously, how amazed am I every single day by my little ones? It is, after all, one of the purposes of this blog to record my daily wonder at how their little brains work. So…

This morning, Gage, 2 years old, 27 months old that is, so not nearly 3 or anything like that, jumps up on my lap and is all lovey and morning sweety and yells, “Woot Mommy! 1, 2, 3 basstets!” And, indeed I turn my head and see there are 3 baskets sitting on the desk. HOLY CRAP! (Smothers child with kisses and praise) Where the hell does he learn this stuff? Seriously, he’s just now abandoning his pacifier for most of his waking hours and starting to talk and he busting out with counting already? (When he’s sleeping, he’ll take his paci out of his mouth to talk in his sleep and then put it back in!) He knew all of his ABCs before he was two. Thank you TMBG!!! Thank you, thank you, I love you!

And Cooper, this last weekend: We are all in the car. The hubs is driving and a huge horsefly lands on the windshield while we are stopped. Hubs, “Look at that horsefly.” Cooper yells from his perch in his car seat, “HORSES CAN’T FLY! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?” That really cracked us all up. First the parents then the tots quickly joined in the laughter, although I’m sure they had no idea why that was so funny to us.

And today, while watching Little Einsteins (yes, yes, I know we watch a lot of morning cartoons around here, but we are slow, lazy waker uppers and that is never going to change…at least not for me) Cooper exclaims about Big Jet, “He’s just a bully!” with the sort of disapproving outrage that only a pre-schooler can effectively deliver….it did my heart good (btw, where did he learn to cross his arms and deliver “hmph!” with a decisive single head nod and frown? Where?). He knows that being a bully is bad……I will take credit for that one, as it’s something we’ve been trying to teach both of our guys. Assuming that they may both continue to remain in the 85th percentile on the growth charts, we thought we’d better start early on making sure the did NOT become bullies and trying to instill a sense of empathy and care for everyone around them (minor setback, empathy has extended to SPIDERS! Aurgh! Note to self: begin lessons on discrimination! However, bees are exempt from Cooper’s benevolent eye ever since one of them had the poor judgement to sting him, now they can all f-ing DIE! DIE! DIE!). So far it’s working on Cooper, but I think he’s just naturally empathetic…Gage? The jury is still out, he is, after all only 2, but I'm thinking he may grow up and go into the demolition business or perhaps professional wrestling or some profession that involves using your forehead as a deadly weapon (Soccer anyone? Oh, let’s not go there….).

Peace out my lovelies.

1 Comments:

Blogger mommyrox said...

Can I say that I have missed you!
Those boys are getting so big! I relate to those pesky bees! We missed a party thanks to the first one that got Bud sometime back.
Keep in mind Soccer is less expensive than hockey, football, baseball & lacrosse.
xooxoox

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home