Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Sweetest Thing.

So Sunday night, Cooper, in direct contridiction to his incredibly good and playful mood all day, has a 101.4 temp when he goes to bed. Weird. Administer Advil, put to bed, all is well. Around 4am, he wakes up crying and puking and informing me, "I need the medicine." So, I carry him downstairs, do all the stuff we need to do, we come back upstairs to sit in bed and watch a Thomas DVD until he calms down...and I calm down...nothing will get the mommy adrenaline going like sudden, unexpected toddler puking and the ensueing cry-fest. So, I'm not sure how much later it was because I had fallen asleep, but not too asleep....you mommies know what I mean. And I hear the world's sweetest voice say to me, "You beautiful, Mommy." Oh! OMG, the heart. I opened my eyes and there's Coop laying with his head on the pillow next to me looking at me all sleep and, apparently, feeling a good deal better, for which I obviously received the credit in his little mind because I'm pretty sure the 4am mommy of puking toddler doesn't fall under the traditional definition of the word beautiful.....unless, of course, you are that toddler.

Once again, the heart has melted.......I wonder how many times this will happen.

2 Comments:

Blogger mommyrox said...

What an angel! You see I've always known that you are beautiful. I'm glad that Cooper sees true beauty. Keep up the good work mommy!

2:09 AM  
Blogger lucyjones06944913 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home