Friday, February 10, 2006

The Pig is Dead

So, my hub's grandma called this morning from the farm (which is just 15 minutes from here) just to let me know that the pig is dead. For maybe a split second I was alarmed as the thought crossed my mind that she had tiptoed over the line into dementia, but alas and thankfully, this was not the case, she's as sharp as ever that Gma Gladys. So the backstory is that, unbenounced to the local media or at least unreported, there is a wild pig that has been loose in the Bristol Hills and had so far killed a dog and attacked a horse. A couple of nights ago one of the neighbors called the farm at 2am to tell them that there was something down in the pasture scaring the cattle. So, Jessie went out and found that one of the cow was all gashed up and another had a broken leg. They were pretty sure that it was a bear, but at dawn Jessie went back down to the pasture and called up to the house the tell Gramps that he could come down and see the PIG if he wanted, however, the "pig" soon departed, probably insulted by Jessie's comment that it was "the ugliest pig I've ever seen." So apparently, this morning they found the "pig" had gotten into the barnyard and they had to shoot it. But, as it turns out, the "pig" is more like a Wild Russian Boar, complete with tusks and huge and horrible teeth. I would post a picture of it, but for some reason I can't get the pictures posted on my blog lately....but if you're really curious, go to Google Image and google on Wild Russian Boar. It's ever so slightly horrifying to think that my children have been running around playing at that farm (in the warmer weather at least) with this thing on the loose, it looks more like a werewolf than a pig!

I can't believe that I live so far out in the sticks now that my in-laws are killing wild boars from their porch! I asked Cooper if he wanted to go see it, but he said no...probably for the best...

Anyway, have a great and pig free weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger mommyrox said...

....this little piggy went to the market...this little piggie stayed home...this little piggie had roast beef (for real), and never had the chance to go wee wee wee all the way home. Why, because he was the troll piggy that caused too much trouble. So all of you little boys and girls better listen to your mommies & daddies or the troll piggie will come your way. Now there is a heck of a nursery rhyme!

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home