Wednesday, February 01, 2006

From Chaos Comes Cuteness

So, I have this mild, yet I am sure healthy obsession with making sure the boys like to read books. They’d MUCH rather play with trains, which if fine with me as long as they aren’t watching TV. Ironic that what has really got Cooper really interested in the library was a TV episode of Bear in the Big Blue House (I wish I lived in Bear’s house) where a storm blew a tree over onto the library. Anyway….so we have all these books and Gage is just not at peace unless every last one of them have been pulled from the shelves and strewn about the playroom. It’s been driving me crazy. I must pick them up 4-5 times a day. So, Cooper and I have just started playing library. I turn in my library book and he puts it on the shelf (however he tires of this game about 10 books into it, so it doesn’t work for picking them all up). Yesterday he announces, “I the Library Man, give me your book.” I said, “You’re the Librarian?” “Yes, I the Library Man,” and he marches over the shelf and puts the book away. He’s so funny. I think I’m going to have to buy a big basket to keep the books in……..yes, ANOTHER basket (for those of you who have been to my house and commented on the number of baskets I have holding the world’s largest collection of toys).

2 Comments:

Blogger mommyrox said...

I MISSED YOU!!!!!!
So happy to see all is well!
xoxoxox

6:52 AM  
Blogger TheNeedleIsVeryFine said...

I think your baskets are great! Don't feel bad about the baskets!!! I bet the boys will be into books in their own sweet time. C loves books that we hate at the moment and so we periodically hide them for a day or two just to give ourselves a break from reading them!
xxx

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home